♪ ♪ – Hello San Francisco! [cheers and applause] – We have two amazing artists ready to do some incredible tattoos for you guys. [cheers and applause] – On this side, we have San Francisco’s own Daniel Silva! [cheers and applause] – And on this side, we have “Ink Master” season 8 winner Ryan Ashley!
– Welcome. For the first time ever, you are being coached by artists who have fought through this competition and come out on top. Only one of you will join their elite rank, earning $100,000, a feature in “Inked” magazine and the title of Ink Master. – Yeah! – Nice. – For your first flash
(epic music) – The long sweeping organic repeating patterns really, really appeal to me. There’s often a lot of hosey, serpentine shapes. What people see when they look at a biomechanical tattoo is I don’t know what that is. Then they almost immediately go, is that a dragon. – The way it changes the musculature,
– Yeah, it hurt as hell. (laughing) It really hurts. (upbeat music) (speaking foreign language) I’m Susumu. This is my very first tattoo, I really didn’t know what I was getting into when I started it. We are doing the final part, which is filling the eyes, which is I believe the pin session. And
– Hello, Houston! [cheers and applause] – We have two amazing artists ready to do some awesome tattoos. Are you guys ready? [cheers and applause] – On this side, we have Mike Wallace! [cheers and applause] audience members: Mike! Mike! Mike! – And on this side, we have “Ink Master” season eight winner, Ryan Ashley.
– All right, artists, you have six hours to create a mash-up tattoo, and your time begins… now. – All right, let’s do it. -All right, I’m gonna put your stencil on. – Today we’re testing ingenuity by having theseartists incorporate two or more tattooing stylesin one place.– First time’s the charm, right? – Yep.
I have fun. I think that’s the most important part is having fun and enjoying what you do. It’s not really work when you like it.>>So it’s definitely something that’s like a big deal to be like, hey, will you come tattoo at this thing. Because the people that are going that everybody they’ve brought
– Hello, Oklahoma City! [cheers and applause] – Today we have two super-talented tattoo artists ready to do some amazing tattoos just for you guys. [cheering] – Over here we have Drew Shurtleff! [cheers and applause] [crowd chanting] Drew! Drew! Drew! Okay, and on this side, we have “Ink Master” season eight’s Nikki Simpson. [cheers
PROBABLY COULD HAVE HAD BUT AS FAR AS ME AND AARON, EVERY MAN FOR THEMSELVES. >>I BELIEVE WHAT YOU’RE REFERRING TO IS COMMONLY KNOWN AS THUMB GATE OF SEASON 9 MATT, I GOT TO ASK THE BURNING QUESTION, MAN, IF YOU GUYS NOTICED THE THUMBS WERE BACKWARDS AND OLIVER, WERE THEY BACKWARDS?>>100%. >>WHY DIDN’T YOU