– Alright ladies, you guys ready for this six hour grudge match tattoo? – Hell yeah. – You got your gloves on, Ash? Alexis you ready? – Absolutely. – Your time starts now. (dramatic music) – Alright let’s get this on you. – Alexis called out New School tattoos. She’s super versed in this, Ash
– Okay, artists. You have six hours to show your ingenuity by tattooing a new school design. And your time begins… now. – Sweet! – About time. Let’s do it. – All right.– Doing a new school tattooin a competition setting can be difficult,because there’s a million styles of new school.– Like that? – Just
(upbeat music) – [David] I just let my subconscious speak for me. Try to lead your viewer into an adventure by creating an image that may take a second to see, but a lifetime to understand. – [John] The strange and absurd stuff, it’s just an appreciation for things that are out of the norm.
– [Dillon] It’s the most profound possible form of art to portray, and that’s why we do find it throughout all of history. – [Laura] It’s a good way to say something that means a lot with a very simplistic design. – [Kirk] This is our architecture of all living organisms, and it’s so powerful
– I don’t think I see more detail than other people but I just think people choose to see less, they’re going, “Yeah there’s seven colors there, “but I’m just going to use this one.” – For me it’s magic. When you understand the light, the contrast, the shadow, it’s not only a mark in
– [Brucius] It’s very romantic. It’s looking at the past and celebrating it and remembering it. – [Baud] It’s the closest look you’ll ever have to help people solve the world, five hundred or six hundred years ago. – [Rachel ] It’s a lot of lines, it’s a lot of black, it’s a lot of