The idea that work might be fulfilling, rather than just painfully necessary, is a strikingly recent invention. Open Dr. Johnson’s celebrated dictionary, published in 1755, and the word fulfillment doesn’t even appear. Nowadays in a prosperous world, we don’t only expect to obtain money through our labor, we also, to a greater or lesser extent,
– It’s so crazy not knowing what’s getting tattooed to my body right now. – We’re here about to get tattoos. I’ve no idea what she’s picked for me, and vice versa. It’s a little bit nerve wracking. – It’s tormenting. – (Together) We’re getting married! – We getting married. – We are engaged, and
– Oh my gosh. – Ooooh! – Oh my gosh. – She’s locking him down. – [Denzel] Alright. [Nicole] Alright, ready? (dramatic music) – [Denzel] What the hell is this? Nah. No. (tense music) (upbeat techno music) – [Denzel] I don’t like this. – [Narrator] On this episode of How Far is Tattoo Far, Diahna
Hi. This is Marty from Blue Lightning TV. I’m going to show you how to quickly create this logo design inspired by Louisiana’s Creole and Cajun music known as “Zydeco”. I included this concrete texture for you to download, so you can follow along. The link is located in the video description or project files.
– You got just a younger look about you style-wise, soft features, great skin, baby face. Cute little baby face. Are you blushing? Sorry (laughs). (menacing music) – [Man] Hi. – Hi. – Will you tell me your name? – Laura, I am a bartender. – Bartender. – Bartender. – I’m a bartender. – [Man]
– Do you interact with people a lot? – Every day. – Do you have crying people at work? – Sometimes people cry. – That could be hair salon receptionist, though, because I’ve cried at the hair salon before too. (playful music) – [Crewwoman] Hello. – Hello! – [Crewman] What’s your name? – Lauren. –
– You think you’re so in love, and you know, you think you’re with this person for forever, and so you get something that represents that relationship, or represents him or her, and then it falls through. I was in a relationship for five years, and out of that relationship we had a beautiful daughter